Los Angeles Federal Courthouse
Established in 1929, the UCLA Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden is located on a hilly site with a natural ravine and creek bed that contribute to its interest and charm. Studio-MLA collaborated with Lehrer Architects on the development of the new La Kretz entrance to provide a more effective connection to the campus, a grand staircase and accessible ramp leading to a new exhibit garden and the La Kretz Garden Pavilion event space. Consistent with the Conceptual Master Plan for the botanical garden, the project preserves the core of the garden as a subtropical botanical collection, strengthens the academic uses of the facility, and enhances the garden as an integral amenity for the UCLA community.
University of California Los Angeles